January 20, 2022 12:58pm
Temp: 31° (forecast)
Stafford Town Logo
Print this Page

Town of Stafford Animal Control

General Information  
Contacts: Jennifer Miller - Animal Control Officer
Brandy Hubbard - Animal Control Officer
Location: Behind Transfer Station
80 Upper Road
Stafford, CT 06075
P.O. Box 56
Stafford, CT 06075
Phone: (860) 684-2382
Emails: animalcontrol@staffordct.org

Animal Control Happenings and Information
Adoption Application
2021 Animal Control Survey letter
Currently Impounded Animals
Animals Reported Missing in Stafford
Winter Pet Tip!
Animals currently available for adoption
Emergency Pet Preparedness
Disaster Planning for Livestock
Disaster Preparedness for Horses

Stafford Animal Control investigates complaints of vicious, diseased, neglected or abused animals and picks up stray or roaming dogs. At Stafford Animal Control the objectives and goals are to enforce Connecticut State Laws regarding pet ownership and owner responsibilities and to create public awareness with education.


Animal Bites

If you or your animal are bitten or attacked by any animal (domestic or wildlife) Animal control needs to be notified so that certain protocols can be put into action, including possible quarantine of the animal. If the bite is from a wild animal, rabies testing is needed whenever possible. DO NOT TRY TO CAPTURE A WILD ANIMAL. Immediately dial 911 or call the Resident Troopers Office at (860) 684-3777. They will contact the Animal Control Officer. If you or your animal are seriously injured Seek Immediate Medical Care.

For routine questions please call Animal Control at (860) 684-2382


License Your Dog

One important aspect at Stafford Animal Control is to stress the importance of dog licensing. If your dog is hurt or impounded due to roaming, it is vital that a license tag is on its collar for owner identification. With this information we can successfully return the dog to its owner, or, in case of injury, notify the owner of their dog's condition. This annual licensing is a nominal fee to help ensure your dogs safety.



Stafford Animal Control accepts donations of the following:
  • Dog food, canned or dry
  • Dog Treats
  • Blankets and Towels
  • Dog Crates
  • Monetary Donations


Wildlife Complaints:

Wildlife complaints should be forwarded to the State D.E.P. Wildlife Division @ 860-424-3011, http://www.dep.state.ct.us/burnatr/wildlife/.

Warren Memorial Town Hall • 1 Main Street • Primary Department Hours: M-W: 8-4:30, Th: 8-6:30

Community Videos Online Business Directory Submit Web Content

Town of Stafford Disclaimer of Liability and Nondiscrimination Statement

View Full Site