Town of Stafford Employment Opportunities
Effective January 1, 2017, the position of the Director of the Stafford Community Center will be available at a salary of $51,829.89 for a 35-hour workweek.
The following job description and qualifications are not meant to be all inclusive, additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added by the First Selectman at any time. The position requires an experienced manager with familiarity of programs for the senior population of Stafford. The person selected will be a dependable, detail oriented, highly skilled and responsible individual with excellent spelling, grammar and communication skills. He/she will be working with agency correspondence and financial/legal documents relating to clients, requiring that the selected employee maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times. Daily duties will include, but not be limited to the following, along with other assigned directives:
(M-F) Supervision, scheduling, and complete financial and reporting
accountability for Meals On Wheels program including organizing and
recruitment of volunteers for daily deliveries, responsibility for
delivering meals if drivers do not report and back-up is not available.
Monthly mileage reports for Meals On Wheels drivers.
Food Share twice a month which will require being outside in all kinds of
Center: (M-F) Scheduling of activities, speakers, workshops, health
clinics, and other recreation events for the Center, to encompass various
time slots Sunday through Saturday.
with health care agencies and providers, social service agencies, and
state and federal agencies.
- Compilation, creation and publishing of monthly calendar of events and newsletter and congregate meal menus for printing and distribution (by mail and handouts) on a monthly basis.
agent for all senior center supplies.
- Supervisor of Social Services Assistant, Medical Car & Senior Bus drivers and may also supervise a part time custodian for senior center, and other assigned community service participants.
quarterly reporting on the senior bus grant
- Municipal agent on Aging; advocate for residents in Medicare problems and insurance issues for which guidance is necessary; referrals of family or financial problems to appropriate social service agencies; liaison with Probate Court, when requested.
- Working with the State of Connecticut Protective Service Agency for seniors in the community that may have potential wellness or safety concerns.
- Liaison for town with Senior Center Board of Trustees attendance at meetings and functions as time allows.
conjunction with Social Programs Coordinator, plan various community
Community Center Facility:
- Responsible for all cleaning, maintenance and repair for senior center; and also the outside lawns, recreation areas and parking lot. Coordinate all work orders with First Selectman and Building Maintenance and other town agencies, as applicable.
- Budget development, implementation and monitoring for Community Center. Check invoices for correctness and process through Selectmen’s Office and Treasurer’s Office.
- Attend and participate in appropriate related workshops/conferences to keep current on applicable state and federal regulations.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with community agencies pursuant to Community center functions.
- Assigns court mandated Community Service for residents and processes paperwork for hours completed for court or school.
- Attend and participate in department head meetings and develop and maintain a good working relationship with other town and local agencies.
The Director of the Community Center shall report directly to the First Selectman.
Educational requirements: B.A. or B.S in related discipline. A combination of education and a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the working with the elderly population may be substituted.
Qualified applicants may send their Resume and completed Application to: Office of the First Selectman, Attn: Beth DaDalt, 1 Main Street, Stafford Springs, CT 06076 no later than December 20, 2016.
Warren Memorial Town Hall • 1 Main Street • Primary Department Hours: M-W: 8-4:30, Th: 8-6:30 • First Selectman Open Door: Fri: 8:30-Noon