CRCOG Web GIS
In 2010, by the Towns request, Stafford became included in the Capitol Planning Region and joined the Capitol Region Council of governments (CRCOG).
The Capitol Region Council of Governments (CRCOG) is guided by the chief elected officials of our 37 Metro Hartford municipalities (as of July 1, 2014). The mayors, first selectmen, and town council chairmen who make up our governing Policy Board recognize that the future of our individual members is tied to the future of our region. Our members have collaborated for more than 30 years on a wide range of projects to benefit our towns individually and the region as a whole. CRCOG serves the Capitol Region and all our municipalities by:
- Helping members improve governmental efficiency and save tax dollars through shared services and other direct service initiatives;
- Promoting efficient transportation systems, responsible land use and preservation of land and natural resources and effective economic development;
- Strengthening the Capitol City of Hartford as the core of a strong region, and as our economic, social and cultural center;
- Advocating for the region and its towns with the State and Federal governments;
- strengthening our regional community by helping coordinate regional agencies and programs; and
- Assisting local governments and citizens in articulating, advocating and implementing the vision, needs and values of their regional community.
More information about CRCOG can be found at http://www.crcog.org/index.html
As part of this partnership the Town now has parcel based GIS (Geographical Information System) mapping available. This mapping has several tools that aid residents, businesses, planning agents and emergency responders.
We are pleased to announce that the new CRCOG web GIS is now available to the public at - https://crcogct.mapgeo.io
David J. Palmberg
Town of Stafford
Zoning Enforcement Officer / Land Use Technician
Warren Memorial Town Hall • 1 Main Street • Primary Department Hours: M-W: 8-4:30, Th: 8-6:30 • First Selectman Open Door: Fri: 8:30-Noon