Statements Regarding Concrete Concerns
STATEMENT FROM THE STAFFORD BUILDING OFFICIAL CONCERNING CONCRETE INQUIRIES
In response to the recent news reports, regarding the failure of concrete foundations in the area, the Stafford Building Department has received several inquiries and expects more in the coming days. We can offer the following:
1. During the routine inspection of a single family home, there are no
Concrete samples collected or recorded.
2. We do not collect or retain concrete mix designs.
3. We do not perform chemical testing.
4. We do not record the subcontractors or suppliers of individual products.
5. We do not know how many homes were erected at that time with that material.
6. We have issued permits for the repair of three homes in Stafford to date.
Warren Memorial Town Hall • 1 Main Street • Primary Department Hours: M-W: 8-4:30, Th: 8-6:30 • First Selectman Open Door: Fri: 8:30-Noon