1-7 Creating an Economic Development Commission
RESOLVED: That the town vote to establish an Economic Development Commission in accordance with Section 7-136 of the CT General Statutes and enact an ordinance in pursuance thereof.
1. The Town of Stafford hereby establishes an Economic Development Commission in accordance with Section 7-136 of the Connecticut General Statutes; hereinafter in the ordinance referred to as the “Commission.”
2. The Commission shall consist of nine (9) members who shall be appointed by the Board of Selectmen for the term of five years, except that of those first appointed, the term of two shall expire on July 1, 2005, two others shall expire on July 1, 2006, two others on July 1, 2007, and the term of the remaining member shall expire on July 1, 2008. The term of the two (2) additional members shall expire on July 1, 2009.
3. The Commission shall meet at least quarterly.
4. Any vacancy shall be filled by the Board of Selectmen for the unexpired portion of the term.
5. Annually, during the month of June, the Board of Selectmen shall designate one of the Commission members as its chairperson who shall serve for a one year term commencing July 1 of that year and expiring on June 30 of the following year.
6. The Commission is empowered to conduct research into the economic conditions and trends of the town, to make recommendations regarding action to improve its economic condition and development, to coordinate the activities of and cooperate with other bodies organized to promote such economic development, to advertise and prepare, print and distribute information which will further its official purposes, and to prepare an annual report of its activities and of its recommendations for improving such economic conditions and development.
Warren Memorial Town Hall • 1 Main Street • Primary Department Hours: M-W: 8-4:30, Th: 8-6:30 • First Selectman Open Door: Fri: 8:30-Noon