1-12 Resolution Creating a Town Conservation Commission
- There is hereby established a Town Conservation Commission of 7 members to be appointed by the Board of Selectmen and to serve without pay.
- The terms of office for each member shall be three years or until their successors are duly appointed and qualified except that two of the 7 members of the commission first appointed shall be appointed for 3 year terms, 2 shall be for 2 year terms and 3 shall be for a one year term. Vacancies in the commission shall be filled by the First Selectman for the remainder of the unexpired term.
- Immediately after their appointment, the members of the commission shall meet and elect one of their members Chairman and such other officers as they shall deem necessary.
- The Conservation Commission shall have such powers and duties as shall be prescribed in the Connecticut General Statutes.
- Any land acquired by the Commission for conservation purposes shall be under the supervision and control of the Board of Selectmen.
Date Adopted: January 27, 1969
Warren Memorial Town Hall • 1 Main Street • Primary Department Hours: M-W: 8-4:30, Th: 8-6:30 • First Selectman Open Door: Fri: 8:30-Noon