The Stafford Alliance for Food and Fuel is a non-partisan citizen volunteer organization formed to identify immediate problems related to food and fuel relief for Stafford residents.
SAFF Happenings and Information:
- To arouse public awareness of the critical and genuine need for increased resources for emergency food and fuel relief, in this current climate of economic distress
- To co-ordinate with existing town relief assistance programs - Stafford Family Services and Safe Net Ministries
- To co-operate and assist in any practical way with the work of these organizations and especially, to help expand the already stretched resources of the Stafford Food and Fuel Banks. The focus of SAFF will be to assist the existing food, fuel and shelter relief services, not to replace them.
- By organizing events and promoting food drives, to raise funds for the Stafford Food and Fuel Banks. A key goal of SAFF would be to encourage donations of food and money from individuals, area corporations and businesses, which would be disbursed by Stafford Family Services and Safe Net Ministries.
- To co-ordinate with other local service groups such as the Lion's Club, Rotary, for help with advertising fund raising events, food drive collection pickups etc.
SAFF is still in the planning stages but an initial fund raising event is being planned for January, 2008 and sub-committees will be setup for publicity, donation solicitation and future fund raising events.
For more information please contact:
Karen Troiano, Stafford Family Services - (860) 684-4239 (relay)
Sue Spencer - (860) 684-6983 (relay)
All monetary contributions are tax deductible and may be mailed to:
Stafford Family Services
21 Hyde Park Road
Stafford Springs, CT 06076