|Contacts:||Judy Gardner - Executive Director
Brenda Henderson - Office Manager
|Location:||21 Hyde Park Road
Stafford Springs, CT 06076
|Emails:||firstname.lastname@example.org (General Inquiries)|
|Hours:||Office & Counseling Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
The mission of Stafford Family Services is to support children, adults and families in Stafford and surrounding communities as they work with professionals to overcome daily challenges and improve their quality of life. Stafford Family Services is licensed by the Connecticut Department of Public Health & the Connecticut Department of Children and Families as an Outpatient Clinic.
Funding for Stafford Family Services comes from the Town of Stafford and the Connecticut State Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services (DMHAS) and the Connecticut State Department of Education (SDE).
Family Services Happenings and Information
see attached for contact information
HelpLine Coronavirus Planning.pdf
At The Network we serve domestic violence victims and their children. We provide shelter (safe house), 24hour crisis hotline, court advocacy, adult and child counseling, safety planning, community resource referrals and victim advocacy. All of our services are free.
The intake process takes place in three steps:
- Call 860-684-4239 to make an appointment. We will gather information about your insurance to verify whether our services will be covered for you. We will then schedule an intake appointment. The intake appointment takes aboutt an hour. Please let us know at this time if you have special needs or limitations (e.g. if you cannot climb stairs).
- Attend the intake appointment. This appointment is to gather information about you and your history so that we can best serve you. Please bring identification and your insurance card with you. Payment is due at the time of service; please call your insurer if you need to know what your co-pay is prior to your first appointment.
- You will receive a letter in the mail informing you of your assigned therapist's name and the date and time of your first appointment. We will try to schedule you as soon as possible.
Hours for counseling appointments are 9am-8pm, Monday through Thursday and Fridays 9am - 1pm. Evening appointments are based on availability.
Hours for counseling appointments are 9am-8pm, Monday through Thursday and 9am - 1pm on Fridays.
We provide individual, couple, and family therapy. We are licensed as an outpatient substance abuse treatment facility and an outpatient mental health clinic. We offer a weekly substance abuse group. Our staff is trained as a marriage and family therapists and we also have clinicians trained in EMDR, which helps people dealing with PTSD.
As a training facility, we utilize graduate level interns from the University of Connecticut , St. Joseph's College, and Central Connecticut State University . We have post-graduate and licensed therapists on staff as well as specially-trained supervisors who have additional credentials from the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
Common problems we can help with include:
- substance abuse and dependence
- relationship problems
- sexual and physical abuse
- divorcing couples and families
- children with ADHD
- family crisis
- gay & lesbian concerns
- stress of aging or ill family members
- discipline problems
- anger problems
- chronic illness
- traumatic experience/ PTSD
- parenting concerns
- gambling problems
- women's issues
For further information about problems that we can help with, please see AAMFT's website for information.
We are unable to respond to emergencies. Please call 911 or visit your local emergency room if you have an emergency. If you need other information about area services, please call Infoline at 211 or visit their website.