|Mark Morrison - Fire Marshal
|1 Main Street Stafford Springs, CT 06076
|email@example.com (Fire Marshal)
Monday - Wednesday - 8:00am - 4:30pm
The local Fire Marshal is required to perform a variety of important duties. The principal function is to administer the Connecticut Fire Safety/Prevention Code as it relates to the Town of Stafford's buildings and structures.
Fire Marshal Duties Include:
- Annually inspection of all buildings and facilities of public service and occupancies regulated by the "Code"
- Investigation of all fires and explosions that occur in the Town of Stafford
- Investigate all complaints of fire safety concerns
- Issuance of permits for the use, transportation and storage of explosives
- Enforces the Connecticut Regulations for flammable and combustible liquids
- Annually inspects all storage plants, and equipment at bulk storage plants for the storage and transportation of hazardous chemicals.
- Conducts site inspections of all fireworks and special effects displays for compliance with applicable State Legislation
- Inspects and enforces the Connecticut requirements regarding the sale and use of sparklers
- Inspect tents and portable structures for compliance with the Connecticut Fire Safety Code
- Conducts plan reviews on all new and existing buildings for applicable fire code requirements with the building official
- Provide safety tips, public education and give fire safety advice to the general public
- Enforces and performs all requirements regarding the Town of Stafford Fire Prevention and Protection Fee Ordinance 7-10, regulating inspections, permits and open burning.